Speaker Terms & Conditions
Every speaker must agree to the following terms and conditions in order to be accepted:
When your proposal has been approved, all speakers must agree to provide their final presentation in PowerPoint or PDF form to DATAVERSITY no later than September 11, 2020. This is necessary to prepare the conference materials. Speakers who do not meet this deadline risk being replaced on the program.
By accepting this invitation, the speaker agrees to the standard copyright and reproduction terms of this event.
These terms are:
- Copyright in original presentation material remains with the speaker.
- DATAVERSITY® (and/or related entities) is granted the right to record, reproduce, and distribute each presentation in all forms of printed and electronic conference materials, including, but not limited to, the non-attendee conference proceedings, printed attendee notes, conference-related websites, and audio and/or video recordings (digital and/or analog), without royalties or fees payable to speaker.
No Sales Pitches
All sessions will be rated by the audience for commercial content. Any speaker who is judged by the audience to have made an inappropriate sales pitch for his/her own company, book, product, or service (except during sponsored presentations) or whose presentation is otherwise deemed objectionable during a conference session risks having their presentation interrupted and/or halted, and may not be invited to participate at future conferences.
Legal and Financial Approval
By accepting this invitation, the speaker agrees that he/she has the legal and financial permission from his/her company or others to make the presentation under the terms outlined herein and that the presentation shall not infringe on the rights of any third party. If you do not have approval at this time, you may accept the invitation but must indicate your restrictions and/or approval time frame in the comments field on the proposal form.
1. Registration Fees:
Please note the registration requirements for your speaking category carefully:
- For Tutorial, Keynote, Conference Session, and Panel Presentations, one speaker for each proposed and selected presentation is granted a free pass to the entire conference.
- Additional speakers who were originally nominated in the speaking proposal must register and pay for their conference attendance at a significantly discounted rate of 80% off. Such registration must be completed at least one month prior to the start of the conference in order to be included in the conference program and materials.
- Additional speakers who were not originally nominated in the speaking proposal must register and pay for their conference attendance at the regular registration rates prevailing at the time of their registration. Such registration must be completed at least one month prior to the start of the conference in order to be included in the conference program and materials.
- All speaking proposals are deemed to be made on behalf of the individual speaker, rather than the speaker’s employer or organization unless an exception is specified in the proposal process. As such, when a speaker changes his/her employer or organization after being invited to speak, the individual speaker is deemed to retain the invitation rather than it deferring to his/her original employer. Any exceptions to this must be noted by the submitting individual at the time of making the proposal. This is done by clicking “I agree but with exceptions” at the very end of the submission process, and then noting the exception in the text box.
Keynote and tutorial speakers will be reimbursed for travel and living expenses within the guidelines HERE; other speakers are responsible for their own travel and living expenses.
3. Honorarium for Half-Day Sessions (Tutorials & Workshops):
- Tutorial and Workshop speakers will receive $500 per half-day (3 hours and 15 minutes), plus a $250 credit towards your tutorials for submitting your final presentation by the deadline of September 11, 2020.
- Other speakers/presentations do not receive an honorarium.